Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Is Your Massage Therapist Inviting Spirits Upon You?


I had a counseling client in our Tampa office recently (let's call her "Jill", not her real name) who was a beautiful young woman of Go. Jill had spent her life in the church and had recently graduated from Massage Therapy School. I listened intently as she spoke of the doors for demonic oppression she believed she had opened while she was in school.

Jill recounted how she became aware of the New Age infiltration into the school on the day they had Reiki Training. Reiki (pronounced Ray-kee) is a spiritual healing practice invented in Japan in the 1920's that claims that healing can come by laying hands on or above a sick or injured person. They believe that a Reiki master can draw universal healing energy into the person. Some of the Reiki practitioners are expected to seek a spirit guide as a spiritual master. As Christians, we need to understand that walking down this road will not lead us closer to Jesus!

During the class Jill was part of, they asked for volunteers who would like to have this healing energy channeled into them. She told me half the class was jumping out of their seats because of the descriptions used in reference to the process were calming, healing, peaceful oneness.
As my client described it, the volunteer ended up in a fetal position rocking in the corner of the room sobbing without consolation. At that point the Reiki instructor admitted that many times you will see that sort of manifestation after the energy is channeled in. Some people vomit, have types of seizures or start crying as this girl was doing. No one else volunteered after that!

Jill was well versed in demonic oppression and she knew this volunteer opened a huge door and there was no telling how many demons found a new home in her. As a believer of Jesus and the power of the Holy Spirit, her concern of course was, "How do you know what kind of energy is flowing out of the Reiki master". " Where do they get there energy from? " As a Christian counselor and deliverance minister, I would certainly say that the healing power was not from the God of the bible!

I was a volunteer at a Nursing Home here in town, and Reiki therapy is very prevalent there. They hold classes every month to teach the volunteers how to administer Reiki. One of the elderly volunteers told me that the next time I was there she would channel the "Healing Touch" into me. My spirit recoiled and I told her, "Oh that's okay, I believe in the power of the Holy Spirit for healing." She blurted out innocently, "Oh, this has nothing to do with that!" I heard the Holy Spirit speak loudly, "My people are dying for lack of knowledge" (Hosea 4:6).

I asked one of the patients I sat with weekly if they had prayed Reiki over her. She sat straight up in bed and said, "Yes, and I will never allow that again!" I asked her what happened. She told me that she indeed received an immediate peace and freedom from pain, but within hours it was back and seven times worse that it was to begin with!

I read an article recently in The Healing Line, written by Francis MacNutt of Christian Healing Ministries that the practice has been so embraced by many nuns in the Catholic Retreat centers that the Bishops released a statement criticizing and warning against its use as a spiritual healing technique.

The bottom line is this: if you are a Christian and receiving massage therapy, just be careful who lays hands on you. Ask your massage therapist lots of questions and always cover yourself with the blood of Jesus before allowing anyone to massage you. As Francis MacNutt so eloquently stated in his article, "We have to be very careful not to mingle the healing that we have in Jesus with any other healing powers." Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment