Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Does Your Remedial Massage Therapist Or Health Practitioner Operate With Ethical Principles?


Although I am about to describe what type of ethical principles your remedial massage therapist should abide by, it really applies to any type of health practitioner you may visit. It applies to your doctor, your chiropractor and your physiotherapist. So the questions that I am going to present you with, I want you to keep in mind when you visit any type of health practitioner future.

Health Practitioners Have Ethical Responsibilities

Your health practitioner has an ethical responsibility to keep your care as the top priority. For example, if you go to see your therapist for a pain in your hip and they have you come back every week for three months but your problem really isn't getting any better.

Do you consider this ethical? I don't.

I have ethical parameters that I have set for my practice. That is, if my clients are not seeing a reduction in symptoms and an improvement in their condition within three treatments, I will either think about what I am not doing and try something else. Or I will send them to another practitioner in my network for a second opinion and some alternative treatment.

This is my ethical responsibility to you to keep your care as the top priority, and it should be a responsibility for all health practitioners as far as I'm concerned.

The reason I want you to keep these things in mind is that, I have seen many people going to a health practitioner trying to overcome a problem, only to be going there for six months or more and not getting any results. This is not right. As I've pointed out above, your therapist or practitioner has an ethical responsibility to you.

Ask Questions When You Are Not Seeing The Results You Should

If you are not getting the results that you want within a reasonable time frame, then you should be questioning your health practitioner's motives. Are they just trying to wean more money out of you? Are they scared to lose you as a customer if they refer you on to someone else? Do they simply not know what to do or how to treat your condition properly?

The thing is, no practitioner knows everything. We all have our limitations and that's okay. As long as we know when and where it is time to send our clients elsewhere, or seek another opinion. Don't get locked into having treatment that you feel isn't working. And don't feel guilty or bad about saying something to your practitioner if you want an explanation, a better result, or more feedback.

You pay good money to have a good service delivered to you, so make sure your health practitioner is operating with ethical principles and can provide you with a reasonable estimate in the time frame it is going to take for you to get better. What the chance of recovery are for you. If there are other things you can do to help progress your recovery quicker. Just be sure that your remedial therapist or health practitioner has your care as a top priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment