Wednesday, October 16, 2013

MLM and Massage Therapy - A Good Match Or Total Bust?


There is no doubt in my mind that many of you reading this have enjoyed the release and rejuvenation massage therapy can give. Cheers to you for treating yourselves well. The following content is a special message to the massage therapist interested in earning more money without physically taxing their body.

I'll happily be the first to confess my days of soreness and pain as a result from giving too many consecutive massages in one day. Although I spent a year in an intensive massage certification program learning techniques for longevity, ambition to maximize earning potential in one day can literally hurt. If you're in a similar boat, when one more hour of leaning on elbows or taxing the hands just sounds like too much, then read on.

Wanting to supplement my massage income, I decided to dive into the network marketing or multi-level marketing industry. As a massage therapist, continuing to work from home with a flexible schedule was attractive to me. I had been pitched and approached by friends and strangers to "strike while the iron is hot" for many of their marketing opportunities and deals before, but something never felt right about how they went about their marketing and finding prospects. But, I have them to thank. Their example had made clear to me that if I was going to get into network marketing, I needed to go about it a different way - a proven way that guaranteed success without hassling anyone.

Network marketing is host to a great range of products and services, of which many massage therapists, like myself, need or want on a frequent basis. For example, products like vitamins, health care supplements, cell phone service, skin care products, and travel deals among others. The important thing is finding a company and a product you understand and believe in. www.npros.com is a great website I recommend to learn more about particular companies.

After getting my feet wet and getting a glimpse of the income potential of multi-level marketing, I decided to aim to replace my income from massage to allow myself to do bodywork as a hobby and in service instead of depending on it as a career. One thing I want to make clear - my massage clients and my networking prospects are totally separate. This is not a kill two birds with one stone kind of thing here. I do not pressure or even suggest my massage clients to be involved in any of my other business pursuits. My clients have come to me seeking relaxing and healing massage work, and that's what they receive. The last thing they want is to be getting a massage and all of a sudden get pitched on some product or company by me! Clear boundaries in all entrepreneurial efforts will only serve as a benefit, and your clients will appreciate it too.

One final note regarding network marketing. Most people get excited about their product along with the earning potential and blindly follow the advice of their sponsor or company who are using out-dated marketing techniques. Now, there is nothing more frustrating than chasing friends and family about something you're really pumped about and get nowhere! I speak from experience when I say that hard-work, dedication, and knowledge about your product is not enough. If there is no step-by-step proven method for sustainable success, failure is only a matter of time.

Consider this analogy. Imagine telling an ambitious and compassionate yet inexperienced beginner to do an hour of massage work only using his or her elbows...this could seriously hurt the client! Having a strong desire to help others in their intentions is important of course, but equally crucial is being equipped with a cutting edge skill set to focus and direct this intention. Likewise in network marketing, hitting the streets with excitement is not only not enough, but is counterproductive if unprepared. One needs to equip their passion with a marketing skill set.

No comments:

Post a Comment