Thursday, November 28, 2013

Cyber School Teaches Independence


Cyber school has really helped me a lot as a person.

In public school I had some independence, but if I asked for anything or wanted something it was usually handed to me on a silver platter or right down the hall.

Now that I'm in cyber school I've learned to become a lot more independent and excited about the day. Mainly it's only my family monitoring me now, and telling me to get work done. This means that I can easily slack off or just get by as I sort of did in the beginning of cyber school. If I don't slack off, then I have to find motivation myself.

This change in dynamics has caused me to start being more organized, and thoughtful of my time. The best part is this I have not changed because I have to and that's all I know, but because I want to be successful!

I even find myself at night excited for the day to come, and planning fun and challenging things. For example I've been taking driving really slowly, and last night I decided that I would go shopping by myself. It may not seem very crazy to you, but to me that was a huge milestone and makes my day something that I can be proud of.

Sure it was tough in the beginning to get used to all of the new freedom, and stay motivated. Finally, though, it feels like I've hit a good point where I have full, successful days, and many fun things going on without tiring myself out or getting too stressed out.

I'm also a Christian and my faith and spirituality has really been very healthy lately. I feel like I can finally make my own decisions and grow because I've had time to find out who I really am without hurtful words, false information and strong personalities surrounding me all the time.

Now I am looking into my forward, and contemplating serious and very big questions that will greatly affect my future. It's interesting for me to think that if I were still in public school I'd probably be much more focused on homework or class the next day instead of the future.

Overall I am very happy about my decision to do cyber school because of the independence it has taught me! That is something that I will be able to carry with me through out my entire life.

No comments:

Post a Comment